
Well, thanks to all two of you for the lively discussion about cantaloupe.... Maybe beets will generate more fodder? (Don't worry, cantaloupe will come back!)
So, beets -- they taste like dirt. Discuss. Or refute...
Needless to say, I was aghast that the farm I volunteered at in Ecuador grew a LOT of beets (remolachas) compared to everything else.

5 comments:
Ok ok, sometimes blogs take awhile to catch on! (That, or you don't have enough friends who like to procrastinate and talk about yucky food. But I like both canteloupe and beets, so what am I doing adding to this rant? Hmmmmm....)
Actually, the more I think about it, I DON't really like beets. Who eats beets anyway? I can't remember the last time I ate a beet. I was thinking of the the maroon jelly thing we are forced to eat at Thanksgiving but that is cranberry. Can you provide some dietary information on these so called yucky-foods? Boy, that would really turn up the fire in this here blogspace!!!!!
I agree that beets taste like dirt (I've eaten enough dirt to compare). I like beets when I feel malnourished. What about beetloaf?
How about this one for discussion:
"perfection salad," which incorporated cabbage, celery and red peppers in tomato Jell-O.
Beets make borscht. That, in and of itself, is a huge problem.
Cantaloupe ain't bad, though.
I'm not opposed to beets. I sometimes find them quite good - pickled Middle Eastern style, for example. But I'm generally a very open eater, while I know that Stephanie has problems with many foods.... Hence the blog.
I don't have THAT many problems with food!!!! Especially compared to sheltered people who are afraid to try ethnic food or barely eat any veggies! There are just a few popular food items that I think have gone unquestioned for too long. So now is the time for questioning!
Post a Comment